The Duchenne Parent Project Netherlands (DPP NL) promotes research in the search for a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. DPP NL sponsors promising research projects and fellowships, fast exchange of data and stimulates international collaboration. Researchers from all countries are invited to submit a research project to DPP NL.
Duchenne Parent Project NL has invested over 20 million euro in research towards viable treatments for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy over the last 20 years.
Next deadline: June 1, 2020.
Download the form here and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fast track application
We give you the opportunity to apply for smaller projects. Please click here.
Conditions for funding
- Multi-track policy: we sponsor the widest possible range of research, including basic research, rehabilitation research, quality of life and genetic research.
- Innovative research for finding a cure
- Avoidance of diarchy in research
- Results should be generally available and measurable
- Grant conditions will not be changed (click here for our contract)
- Sponsored projects will be monitored closely and researchers are required to submit a progress report and final report
- Based on the results of the progress report the Scientific Advisory Board advices DPP NL annually on the continuation of the sponsorship of the projects
- Projects should be in accordance with the aims of DPP NL
- We encourage innovative projects
- Both research projects and fellowships may be submitted
- Funding will be for a maximum of two years
- Maximum budget 100.000 euro
- A PI can submit a maximum of two proposals
- Please submit in English language
- Give a brief description of the rationale and design of the experiments in language that is clear for reviewers outside the field
- Include a clear summary for lay persons so that the parents can understand the project
- DPP NL does not fund overhead or VAT expenses
- Project should start within one year after approval
- Deadline: June 1, 2020.
- First round selection by Scientific committee
- July 1, 2020 : communication of the first round selection. No feedback to the applicants
- Second round of reviewing by international reviewers
- Final selection by the Scientific Advisory Board
- Decision by board Duchenne Parent Project NL
- December 1, 2020: communication on final results
For further information, contact Roos de Jonge, research coordinator at email@example.com