The Dutch Duchenne Parent Project NL (DPP NL) stimulates research in the search for a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
DPP NL sponsors promising research and fellowships, faster exchange of data and international collaboration. Researchers from all countries can apply for funding for their research projects with DPP NL.
Conditions for funding
- Selection by international scientific advisory board
- Innovative research for finding a cure
- Avoidance of diarchy in research
- Multi-track policy: the widest possible range of research should be covered as it is not possible to say which research will lead to the ultimate solution.
- Results should be generally available and measurable.
- Selected projects will be monitored closely during their progress and researchers are required to submit progress reports.
- Based on the results the scientific advisory board advises the Duchenne Parent Project annually about the continuation of sponsorship on the ongoing projects.
Next deadline: April 1st, 2017
Application form: download the form.
- Projects should be in accordance with the aims of DPP NL
- We encourage innovative project
- Both research projects and fellowships may be submitted
- Funding will be for a maximum of two years
- A PI can submit a maximum of two proposals
- Please submit in English language
- Give a brief description of the rationale and design of the experiments in language that is clear for reviewers outside the field
- Include a clear summary for lay persons so that the parents can understand the project
- DPP NL does not fund overhead expenses
- Project should start within one year after approval
- Deadline April 1st 2017
- Review round by international reviewers
- Review round by Scientific Advisory Board
- Decision by board Duchenne Parent Project NL
- Results November 1st 2017
For further information, contact Roos de Jonge, research coordinator at email@example.com